Counter Terrorism (CT) Branch of NACTA is pivotal to the core functions of the Authority. It is headed by a Director General. Following are the functions of the CT Branch:
- Development of CT policies, strategies, action plans and guidelines in the light of international best practices, and evidence-based research.
- Review of periodically existing CT policies and strategies in the light of feedback from the stakeholders and then suggest policy inputs.
- Formulation of implementation plan and KPIs for realization of the objectives of National Action Plan (NAP) related to CT.
- Preparation of policy reviews on bi-annual and annual basis.
- Maintenance of databases of proscribed individuals and organizations in coordination with all stakeholders on real-time basis.
- Preparation of policy papers on different issues in the domain of CT in coordination with other wings of NACTA.
- To work closely on policy issues with other departments, think tanks, partners, affiliate organization and CT experts.
- To assist in steering and implementing interagency and agency-specific projects related to CT.
- To liaise with international entities to strengthen cooperation in CT areas.