Understanding CT Response Case Analysis of KPSeptember 12, 2017
Ihsan Ghani PSP, National Coordinator NACTA
National Coordinator, Mr. Ihsan Ghani, presented a report on the National Action Plan (NAP), in the National Assembly Standing Committee on Interior on 29th August 2017. He said that there has been a ‘clear’ decrease in sectarian violence in the country and terrorist incidents have also significantly decreased.
The NC informed the committee that 02 incidents of sectarian violence and 426 acts of terrorism took place in the country this year. In the latest US Country Report on Terrorism (2016/ 17), India ranks higher in terrorism incidents, with Pakistan down at the 4th place.
The salient points of report presented by National Coordinator are:
- 98.3 million SIMs were blocked
- Operations using intelligence sharing were conducted in cooperation with provinces to eliminate armed militias
- 8,333 people have been placed on the 4th schedule of Anti-Terrorism Act 1997 (Proscribed & Under Surveillance) 5,023 accounts were frozen countrywide and an amount of Rs. 300 million was frozen.
- 65 organizations are proscribed (banned) in Pakistan by Ministry of Interior u/s 11-B-(1) r/w Schedule-I, ATA 1997, 4 Organizations have been put under watch by Ministry of Interior u/s 11-D-(1) r/w Schedule-II, ATA 1997 while the United Nations has banned 2 organizations under UN Security Council Resolution No. 1267 .
- As a result of the ongoing Karachi Operation (Agenda of National Action Plan) terrorism in Karachi has decreased significantly (98%) which heinous offences like target-killing (↓91%), murder (↓62%) and robberies (↓48%) have also gone down drastically.
- 1,351 First Information Reports were filed against hate speech, while 2525 arrests were made.