CALL FOR PAPERS PAKISTAN JOURNAL OF TERRORISM RESEARCH (PJTR)
Pakistan Journal of Terrorism Research (PJTR) with ISSN: 2708-2946 (Online), 2708-2938 (Print), is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed research journal publishes by National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA). To better understand the dynamics of terrorism and violent extremism in Pakistan and their contuer measures, NACTA is playing a crucial role. One of its primary duties is doing research on ways to combat terrorism and extremism.
The most recent research from eminent academics and researchers in the fields of counterterrorism and countering-violent extremism is required for publication of PJTR volume-5, issue-1 (Jan-June, 2023). All researchers are hereby urged to submit their work to NACTA for consideration for publication in accordance with the guidelines provided at
(nacta.gov.pk/instructions-guidelines-for-the-authors/). Papers on the following themes will be given preference
- The psychological and sociological factors that drive individuals to join extremist groups.
- The role of social media in the spread of extremist ideologies and recruitment.
- The role of education in preventing violent extremism.
- An analysis of the differences and similarities between various extremist movements and organizations.
- Comparative study of different countries’ approach to countering violent extremism.
- The link between religious extremism and political extremism
- The use of Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in counter-terrorism efforts, such as identifying and tracking potential terrorists, analyzing and predicting terrorist activities, and detecting and preventing cyber-terrorist attacks.
- An examination of the use of social media and the internet in terrorist propaganda, recruitment, and planning, and the efforts to counter these activities through online censorship and the use of “counter-narratives.”
- An evaluation of the effectiveness of different counter-terrorism strategies, such as targeted killings, drone strikes, surveillance, and military intervention, and the possible negative consequences of these methods, such as civilian casualties and radicalization.
- Study on the financing of terrorism, examining the sources and methods of funding for terrorist organizations and efforts to track and disrupt these financial networks.
- An examination of the economic impact of cyber terrorism, including the costs of mitigation and recovery, and the potential for economic disruption caused by cyber attacks.
- An analysis of the implications of cyber terrorism for national security and intelligence agencies, including the role of intelligence agencies in detecting and preventing cyber terrorist attacks, and the challenges of working with private sector partners.
- Study on the technological and policy mechanisms to prevent terrorist use of encryption
- A look at the link between cyber terrorism and other forms of political violence, such as state-sponsored hacking and cyber warfare.
- An examination of the factors driving radicalization in Pakistan, such as poverty, unemployment, political marginalization, and religious ideology.
- An analysis of the role of madrassas (Islamic religious schools) in the spread of extremism in Pakistan and the potential for reforming these institutions to counter radicalization.
- Study on the relationship between sectarian violence and extremism in Pakistan and how it can be combated.
- An analysis of the cross-border dimension of extremism and terrorism in Pakistan, including the challenges of cooperation and information-sharing between Pakistan and neighboring countries in the fight against terrorism.
- Study on how the role of non-state actors in the fight against terrorism, such as community groups, NGOs, private companies and media can be leveraged for countering terrorism.
- Any innovative topic related to counter violent extremism/ counter terrorism.
Note: Complete Paper along with a CV of the researcher should be submitted to NACTA by 28th February, 2023. A manuscript may be submitted at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For any query contact on Tel: 051-9216573, 051-9216574 (Ext: 140,135)
Click Call for papers Final For PDF Download