Provincial Threat Assessment Workshop for CTD, Sindh PoliceNovember 5, 2020
Islamabad, the 21st December, 2020. Federal Minister for Interior, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed visited NACTA headquarters here today. Honorable Minister was warmly welcomed by National Coordinator, NACTA Mr. Mehr Khaliq Dad Lak and other senior officers of NACTA. The Minister was briefed on NACTA functions, its organizational structure and its mandated role as per the NACTA Act.2013.
Honorable Minister was briefed on following points among other important matters:-
- NACTA is a fully functional body. The authority is and will continue to operate as per its legal framework.
- The authority is acting as a pivot for coordination and collaboration among different stakeholders, including civilian and non-civilian intelligence agencies.
- NACTA has made contribution in Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) through leading Pakistan’s FATF response on international forum. We believe with this intervention Pakistan will finally come out of the grey list.
- A Bi-annual Policy Review on National Action Plan (NAP) is being circulated among the stakeholders to improve response of the state in CT and CE fields. It has improved CT & CE response at provincial and national level.
- The Research and Development branch of NACTA has been issuing Pakistan Journal of Terrorism Research (PJTR) on Bi-annual basis wherein quality research articles are being contributed by national and international scholars on terrorism and extremism.
- The Outreach Branch of NACTA has started activities to engage constructively the youth across the country by initiating a number of intellectual and creative activities including competitions among youth of different age brackets.
- Quality intelligence assessment on terrorism has been prepared and disseminated to all stakeholders on Quarterly, Bi-annual and Annual basis for improving gaps in kinetic field.